Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE Cambodia) is a leading child protection organization dedicatedly working to combat child sexual abuse and exploitation in Cambodia. APLE’s mission is to strengthen the social and legal mechanisms for the protection of children at risk of or affected by child sexual abuse and/or exploitation. We’re seeking for a qualified lawyer to join our dynamic legal team.
Job title: Lawyer
Location: Phnom Penh
Report to: Court Support Team Leader
Contract period: Minimum one year (renewal)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a full set of quality pro-bono legal services to clients in cases of child sexual abuse and exploitation
- Consult with and provide legal advice to clients, staff and partner NGOs
- Represent clients throughout legal procedures.
- Conduct case-management and advocacy strategies within the legal field.
- Monitor legal cases and report to appropriate supervisor.
- Provide legal inputs for the development of child-friendly standards within the justice system.
- Manage, supervise and support the work of legal assistants.
- Be responsible for own’s legal case management, data, filing and documentation.
- Offer local legal knowledge, information and analysis to other pro-bono lawyers working on civil and/or criminal complaints processed by foreign courts’ jurisdiction.
- Provide training and awareness raising on related legal topics.
- Proofread and comment on legal documents.
- Maintain smooth and effective communication with clients, staff, partner NGOs and justice officials
Skills, Education, Experience and Competences Required:
- Minimum: Bachelor degree of law and certificate membership to the the BAR Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Minimum: 3-year experience working as a lawyer in similar caseloads.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Mature and committed person with compassion to working with different demographics.
- Trustworthy, humble, creative, active team player and good at managing people.
- Strong interest in team working and building the capacity of others
- Ability to motivate, be flexible, and foster openness and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health and accident insurance
- 13th month salary
- Capacity development opportunities
Interested candidates shall send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 05th, 2020. For further information, please contact 012 584 194 / 023 996 351 or go through our website: www.aplecambodia.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and asked to present the original copies of the academic and employment certificates.
APLE is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion all applicable background checks, including criminal record.